Flights to Seattle Lake Union SPB | Skyscanner Singapore

The Kenmore Air Harbor Seaplane Base is a public-use seaplane base located about 1.85 kilometers north of the central business district of Seattle, a city in the King County of Washington, United States. It is situated in Lake Union, giving the base an alternate name of Seattle Lake Union Seaplane Base. The port is a landing area with a water runway measuring 5,000 feet. It is owned independently by Gregg Munro, and is serving the city of Seattle. It is elevated at around four feet above mean sea level, and covers a total land area of 1.2 hectares.

For the 12-month period ending December 2007, the airport has received at least 35,000 aircraft operations with an average of 97 per day, 72% of which is classified as air taxi service, while the remaining 28% is classified as general aviation services. Only one airline, Kenmore Air, sets its flights on the airport, with the airline covering one route to Victoria Harbour. The airport does not have an ICAO classification, but IATA has designated the LKE code to it.

What to see & do

Lake Union, where the Kenmore Air Harbor Seaplane Base is situated, is one of the major areas in the state of Washington. It is part of the Seattle conurbation and is actually a freshwater lake – embedded within the city of Seattle. Its easternmost point is the Ship Canal Bridge, which carries Interstate 5 over the eastern arm of the lake and separates the lake from Portage Bay. It is also known as one of the fastest-growing and most vibrant neighbourhoods in Seattle, with industries and cutting-edge companies setting their buildings nearby the marina, along with various urban lofts, one-of-a-kind retail chains, and world-class parks and open spaces.

Ballard Locks – officially known as the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, the Ballard locks is one of Seattle's most popular tourist attractions. It features a fish ladder on the grounds, together with the Carl S. English Botanical Garden, often viewed as one of the most beautiful park settings in Seattle. The park was originally completed in 1917, with the locks linking the Puget Sound with Lake Union and Lake Washington.

The Space Needle – the Space Needle is an observation tower and is one of the more popular landmarks of the Pacific Northwest. It is known (arguably) as the symbol of Seattle, built in the Seattle Center for the 1962 World's Fair.

Pike Place Market – the Pike Place Market is a public market overlooking the Elliott Bay waterfront in Seattle. It was originally opened in August of 1907, and is one of the oldest continuously open and operating public farmers' markets in the United States. It is a wet and dry market in the community where many small farmers, craftspeople, and merchants sell their goods and services. The Market is built on the edge of a steep hill, and consists of several lower levels located below the main level. Each features a variety of unique shops such as antique dealers, comic books and collectibles, family-owned restaurants, and even the oldest head shops in Seattle. The upper level meanwhile contains fishmongers, fresh produce stands, and craft stalls. The district is named after the neighbourhood that surrounds it.

Chihuly Garden and Glass – located at the heart of Seattle, Chihuly Garden and Glass provides the inspiration and influences on the career of artist Dale Chihuly. Through the exhibition's eight galleries, lush outdoor garden, and centerpiece Glasshouse, visitors will experience a comprehensive look at Chihuly's most significant series of work. It is beautiful both during the day and during the night.

How to get around

Public transits, such as streetcars, light rails, monorail, and others, are popular modes of transport in the area. Many lines run around the CBD of Seattle, with some specifically links one destination to another. Others meanwhile opt to drive cars, or even bicycles, while those who are crossing the lake are to be transported through ferries. Moreover, ride share programs are running through the city, so it pretty much is convenient to work and travel around.

How to get there

While the Kenmore Air Harbor Seaplane Base only provides flights to Victoria Harbour, travelers may explore other airports in Seattle such as the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac), King County International Airport, and many others.

Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.

Airports near Seattle Lake Union SPB

Frequently asked questions

There are 3 airports in Seattle: Seattle / Tacoma International, Seattle Lake Union SPB and Seattle Boeing Fld.
Harbour Air and Kenmore Air both fly direct to Seattle Lake Union SPB.

Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.